The primary directive in the green energy industry is to increase its efficiency in harvesting energy in a cost-effective manner. It is the only way to negate demand for fossil fuel and leave them behind while the world gets ready to bask in the bright future.
In the path to continuously transforming green/solar energy panels to be more efficient and affordable, Vikram Solar has taken another step forward by upgrading its product lines to develop modules with increased wafer size from 156mm to 156.75mm (M2) to 158.75mm (G1). These new G1 cell modules hold the mystery to make a better energy future for the world. And understanding so, the majority of the demands for solar panels in the Q1 of 2020 were for modules developed with G1 cells.
Being a Tier 1* solar module manufacturer, Vikram Solar has plans for continuously increasing the cell size in solar panels from 158.75mm (G1) to 161.75mm (M4) to 166mm (M6) to 210mm (M12), offering highly efficient solar modules. However, with the current market trend and demand showing preference towards G1 cell modules, Vikram Solar is going to cater to the market as per demand.
Primary features of G1 cell modules are:
- About 3% increase in Watt-peak with a slight increase in the module dimension
- Reduced System BOS cost and capital expenditure
- High compatibility with half-cell & multi-busbar technologies
Adding Value to the Product
- By using bigger cells to develop modules, watt-peak of the product will witness an increase by 3%. This will undoubtedly enhance product efficiency and allow better energy harvesting facilities.
- From the perspective of the cost of power station system, under the same efficiency, the module obtains higher power due to bigger wafer size, while the number of modules in a string remains unchanged, as a result, the modules efficiency on a single bracket increases accordingly, and the costs of bracket and pile foundation per Wp is reduced- All resulting in less Project Cost
- Higher Wp of cell & modules (with the same production capacity) will improve manufacturing efficiency.
- The installation efficiency of modules and brackets per Wp will be enhanced; as the capacity per array is determined by the inverter and can be deemed fixed, high-power modules can reduce the use of combiner boxes or string inverters.
- These new types of modules will also offer- High-cost performance and low production line retrofitting costs.
- The high compatibility of the production line of 158.75mm module makes it more advantageous by enabling it superimposed with half-cell and multi-busbar technologies. Therefore, we can say that G1 cell-based modules develop the path for better solar technology incorporation and adoption in the future.
- The main changes in the 158.75mm cell production line are in automation equipment and fixtures. In the module part, while the size of EVA, back sheet, and glass need to be increased, other parts remain unchanged.
The wafer size should be as large as possible to save more system BOS costs. For crystalline silicon modules, it’s necessary to take the opportunity of this industry change to adjust the size to a more stable and cost-effective one.
Focusing On the Future
Understanding what the solar energy future demands, Vikram Solar has taken the initiative as always to offer new technology solutions, upholding quality, performance, and customer-centricity.
Check out our G1 cell Bifacial modules and make efficient and cost-effective decisions for your solar projects!