The new Somera Grand Ultima Plus module is manufactured with the highest precision based on the latest half-cell technology which increases the module output of up to 15 Wp per module compared to standard PV modules and boasts an efficiency up to 21% (for 425Wp). The module has 144 half-cut cell.
With 6 module cell strings, a half-cell module has twice as many cell-strings as a standard solar module.
Higher energy yield through lower cell resistance!
Half-cell Somera Grand Ultima Plus module has a higher fill factor and higher efficiency.
Indeed- Half is the new Full!
- Superior Price Performance of the half-cell design improves the efficiency of a standard module, increasing the module power output without adding much to the cost
- Half-cell technology reduces resistive losses in the interconnection of solar modules. And this less resistance between the cells increases the power output
- Three separate split junction boxes with each containing one bypass diode reduce internal resistance and improve heat dissipation
- Bypass diodes and innovative series-parallel connections enable the module to perform better in partial shadow conditions
- Half-cell generates only half the current, lowering heat production and less Hot Spot, increasing module reliability
- The cells are cut with low temperature and lower kerf depth maximizing cell yield
- Module power loss is reduced by a factor of four as power loss is proportional to the square of the current
- Efficiency up to 21% (for 425Wp)
- Length × Width × Height: 2010 × 1007 × 40mm (79.12 × 39.64 × 1.57 inches)